Saturday, March 7, 2015

Twitterchats

I attended a Twitterchat whose hashtag is #asiaED. It is a slow flow chat with one question a day so that members could write down their opions without one-hour time limit. I checked out other Twitterchats and I think this one is the best for me.

This week's topic is about computering. I found it difficult to understand the abbreviation in other attendants' Twitters:
Then I realized abbreviation is so important due to the 140-character format when I wrote my answer.
 
Some of the attendants gave links of their blog or other websites to express their ideas. I would say it is a better way than tweeting several times to answer one question. I do think Twitterchats is a good way to communicate with other educators even experts, but attendants should find the best suitable group for them. Some enjoy the fast flow discussion while some believe a good answer should be well considerated.
 
I think Twitterchats could be a good form of professional development for me. It provoks thoughts and expands horizons. Discussing different topics encourages me to think deeper and wider. Exchanging ideas with educators from all over helps me see things in different aspects.

1 comment:

  1. #asiaED sounds like an interesting group but it doesn't seem as if you attended a Twitterchat. Twitterchats are synchronous. Although people can use the same hashtag at any time, for a Twitterchat people are interacting together at the same time.

    ReplyDelete