Sunday, February 15, 2015

Embrace technology, 21st century teachers!

I would like to introduce two videos about technology. We can see teachers in this fast changing world would need to keep updating their technology knowledge in order to have a better teaching result.
 
1.Did You Know? Version 6 is an eye-catching video. The main point is "shift happens".
 
We are living in exponential times. The vocabulary we have now is five times as many as during Shakespeare's time. The amount of new technical information is doubling less than every 72 hours by now. Technology is growing faster than we thought. 
 
After watching the video, I feel pressure. It is impossible to know all the information. We are using the edge-cutting technologies which we do not know how they work. Every minute hundreds of babies are born. Maybe one day we will be a person who cannot catch up the trend just like some old people nowadays. When I tried to show my grandparents how to use smart phones they are reluctant to learn because it is "too complicated". I am not saying that watching TV and reading newspaper is not good, but when you know how to use the Internet you will open a door to the new world. Getting to know the newest technology is not just excited but also make life more convenient. So let's learn some technologies! Don't be left behind!
 
2.How can a  teacher in 21st century digitally empower the students? What would the students learn with technology as a tool? You can find the answers in the A Vision of 21st Century Teachers. Apart from that, the video says a 21st century teacher should keep learning. It encourages teachers to embrace techonology. As a teacher, we should make every ways to help teaching. I remember in my high school, there was an oral English teacher who's from London. In the first class he used a software to let us choose the right answer from four choices. The questions were about himself. We had fun with guessing the answers. It is an interesting and efficient way to made an self introduction. None of my Chinese teachers could use the technological tools like he did. From him, I understand how important can technology be. I believe 21st century teachers should make good use of the mordern technology to make their classes more vivid.
 
 So teachers, get invovled in the technological world. You will be glad you do so.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Bin! First of all, I like the background pic of your blog. The color is so hypnotically enticing! I love the warm bloody pink (I just made color type up).
    Thank you for sharing with us your learning experience with your previous oral English teacher. I could see how he changed the way students would get to know a teacher and I bet he left deep impression on you. I wish I could use technology to give me some extra credits in the future! Sometimes, the seemingly insignificant change can make things different, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hypnotically enticing? Hahahaha. Special discription~ Let's work hard in this course~

      Delete
  2. In your post you mentioned a very important point. That is that it is very challenging to keep up with changes in technology. That's why it is so important to develop a good personal learning network of other teachers worldwide to share information with. If we all learn and share just a little, together we will all learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete